Monday, September 20, 2010

the globe


cesky krumlov

so, i am now in prague. i've been here for almost 2 months. i love it. i finished the oxford tefl course, and i'm certified to teach english to foreigners. it was the most stressful 5 weeks of my life. i have been sick for the past 2 weeks... probably because of the stress.

jobs- i work as a nanny all day on wednesdays for a 10 month old(stella) and 3 1/2 year old(emma). on thursdays i also nanny for an 8 year old(ted) and an 11 year old(bara)... i am continuing my search for a teaching job. it seems easy to get jobs under the table here, but i want my visa so i can live here and travel across the border legally. i've interviewed at two preschools so far but the first one was extremely disorganized and wouldn't help with a visa. the second one needed me monday through friday and that's an issue considering i'm not free everyday. it's a tough market out there... just hoping my day will come with a visa soon before my time is up. you can only technically stay without a visa in the czech republic for up to 90 days. i'm over my half way mark, so wish me luck.

living arrangements- we signed a 10 month lease. our apartment is beautiful. it is in the best location. you can walk to a lot of shops and restaurants. it's also close to the trams and metro. our room is big and full of light and high ceilings. we've had a lot of people visiting. arianne and krystal are here right now for about a month. it's nice to have close friends here.

food-there are a ton of great places to eat. czech food is weird. i guess a lot of pork and potatoes. you can find all cuisines though.

this past weekend we went to cesky krumlov. it's south of prague. i posted a ton of photos on my facebook.

:) happiness ensues.

1 comment:

Dana Richards said...

Yay! I'm so happy that I can hear some more about what you guys are doing over there! Love love love it.... miss you all