Sunday, June 26, 2011

a little of this and a little of that

yesterday i was going through my wallet so that i could empty out what i didn't really need anymore. you know, before i left florida to move to europe, i had taken all the things i had collected over the years(business cards and whatnot) out and just left my little lucky shell my brother iam gave me and my little lucky elephant charm that matt's mom gave me. now my wallet is empty of all the czech coins, all the restaurants cards i loved, TWO health insurance cards... just stuff that was taking up room and now needed to be replaced with green money and deposit slips, my business cards(and maybe an orange leaf customer card)i started crying a bit when i realized how surreal it feels now that we were even in prague. it doesn't seem real anymore. i can't believe i was once there walking around the most magnificent streets with the most gorgeous architecture i've ever seen in my enitre life. now i live the florida life, in this amazingly cozy tiny apartment that doesn't even feel like florida even though it has "florida charm and style". i had julia and michelle over lastnite and jules mentioned she felt like she was in my old baltimore apartment. that's kinda true. i don't feel like i'm in florida when i'm at home... that is until i look out the window and see the palm trees. anyway, point is... i feel like that part of my life is now gone. and i need to really do something with all of what i've collected and saved during the time i spent in europe. i am going to make some sort of "scrap" book i guess... posting things inside and just writing down what i remember about it. i'm also working on gathering all of my favorite photos on my computer into a folder so that i can have them printed out. it's going to take some time, but that's my new project that i am looking forward to creating.

now the weekend is kind of over. i just massaged 3 people and walked home under an umbrella in the pouring rain. i need to get my act together. i feel kinda trapped sometimes since i don't have a car. i don't even know if i'm going to get a car cause we don't know how long we'll be in florida for. it's really confusing. i just don't know... and i need to somehow use the memories i have of prague in a better light, because lately it's just been slightly painful thinking about it. i didn't think it would be this hard. but atleast i know how lucky i am... atleast i'm not blinded....

the entrance to our apartment. (photo credit goes to sierra mcgill)



a full fridge makes me happy

by the entrance

little flowers i keep picking.

amazing smelling candle from my mom

sierra came over for dinner the other nite and we recreated a salad i had in paris. amazing.

i made this salad and cilantro dressing lastnite for the girls.

2 comments:

Dana Richards said...

So what are your non-Florida options!

eve/cheese said...

i don't know... i really don't. i keep thinking california.