Thursday, June 9, 2011

shock me like an electric eel

the apartment is filled now with now with all of our things. boxes are everywhere. and i still haven't unpacked any of my three suitcases from prague. there's a lot to be done, but i'm looking forward to decorating. we made our first dinner here lastnite and it felt great. :) i can't wait to keep on doing that and have people over! oh and so far our neighbors seem pretty cool. so that's a plus!

unfortunately not a lot will get done in the apartment because of the upcoming weekend festivities. matt leaves this evening for erick's bachelor party in the keys for the weekend and tomorrow is the start of catie's bachelorette party weekend by the beach! i'm really excited. i've been here now for almost 2 weeks and have yet to go to the beach. i need some color.

i've been doing some massages on my own and also at the spa. i'm still not used to it...my wrists need some lovin'. and my body is a bit achey from all the moving.

i should probably stop the blogging now and unpack some more.  what to do.... shoes... bathroom... kitchen... i'll probably just end up pacing. haha.

can't wait for a month from now when everyone is visiting for erick and catie's wedding! what fun that will be.

anyway, it's been a strange past 2 weeks. it feels like we've been here longer. i really miss prague... the weather here is so hot. i walk outside and within seconds i feel sweat dripping down my forehead. gross.

4 comments:

Cheryl Cochran said...

I am super excited to see you two. Not excited for Florida. But excited for the people : )

Dana Richards said...

Packing/unpacking is the worst thing ever in my opinion. I'm so sad that we can't join in this weekends' festivities! One month til hang outs! It has been SO long since we've seen you guys.

eve/cheese said...

:) ready!

Anonymous said...

It's also been hot here, though I guess 80 doesn't quite compare to the Florida heat (without A/C though!). BTW, apparently there's a transportation strike on Monday, so all you're missing out on is frustration and inability to get to lessons. Do I walk?!