Sunday, June 19, 2011

florida life in comparison slash father's day thoughts

first and foremost lemme mention how happy i am to have kisa back in my life. she's still getting used to the new apartment(as are we), but i know she'll adjust. she's so adorable... even though she sometimes hisses when we give her too much attention. i love when she crawls out from under the bed(her favorite sleeping spot) and jumps up onto our bed at 4am to get some love. it's quite annoying, but so special. :) welcome home lil girl. i love you!

it's so different living back in florida. i constantly miss prague and think about waiting for trams and eating pickled cheese. i really miss the few friends i made and my young students kissing me all over my arms. little julius. dammit. and ferdo. fando. frantyskoo. among other nicknames. (czech nicknames are so friggen weird.)

yesterday i gave 5 massages. it proved to be tough for me, but i pulled through. my wrists are a little sore. sometimes i wonder if my hands are growing cause they look so big. if i had health insurance i'd go get xrays... but alas, my health insurance lives in prague. that's pretty messed up that i had insurance in a foreign country rather than the country i am from.

i slept in this morning. i could tell that i needed it. now i am enjoying a big cup of french press kenyan coffee from starbucks that erick so graciously handed over to matty and i. i can tell this bag will not last long. i have to work today... i am not a happy sunday worker, but before that happens i am going to enjoy this morning sitting in my little cozy living room.

so, it's fathers day and it's been haunting me for days. i haven't really been on a talking/seeing basis with my dad. i saw him the day after we got back from prague(just over 3 weeks ago), and then spoke to him once on the phone a week after that. i'm not a big fan at the moment. drama drama drama. it doesn't feel good. at all. i don't really want to go into it, but one thing i can say is.... he never contacted me for my birthday nor christmas while i was in prague.... no cards, nothing. and while i was abroad, he emailed my brother and mentioned randomly "i am not going to support your sister while she's on vacation." that's what he thinks of me. no support, and i'm not even talking about money. and that kind of sucks. but anyway, that's that. hopefully time will heal all wounds. i just sometimes wish for someone that was better.

it's strange how i didn't really expound upon why florida life is different in comparison to prague. oh well... some other time.

some things i am excited about that are completely and utterly up in the air:

-trip to the keys with matt's family
-trip to see my sister in colorado at the end of the summer or early fall
-trip with my mom to baltimore in july to honor my grandmother after 6 months passing

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm going to Colorado with my sister in August! Go go go so we can meet up in the West!