Friday, August 19, 2011

what's going on with me?

to be honest, i am not the happiest of peoples right now. i am at home way too much. work has been kinda slow, so i get put on call a lot. i'd rather be on call than sitting at the spa doing nothing, though. so what do i do when i'm home? i watch the cooking channel like it's nobody's business and i sit on the computer romanticizing about travel. i miss prague(given). i'm not gunna go into that. how about the fact that i don't have a car?  HUGE deal. i'm trying not to think about it, but i really can't afford to have a car right now. i said a while back i was learning how to drive matt's manual, but that's proven to be rather difficult for me (in particular). it's so frustrating. any time i get in the drivers seat i stall and then my left leg starts uncontrollably shaking so i have no way of actually feeling in control of driving so i freak out and start panicking. it's not good. it's really bad. how to change how i'm feeling? well i discovered on demand exercise(thanks christalyn). that's fantastic. i shove our coffee table out of the way, lay down my yoga mat, get out my weights and sweat for an hour and a half doing butt, ab, and over-all full body exercises. i am the worst at working out, let me tell you, the motivation is almost non existent, but when i push myself, i'm really glad-- when it's over. (i know that's pretty world-wide). hmm, i've been reading the same murakami book for months... it's sci-fi, not my thing, but he's my favorite author, so i keep talking myself out of just giving up on it. whatever. i ride my bike to work, finally got a bike lock. riding over the bridge is a rush. such little things in life. i'm a nervous wreck when there's too many people around, why i don't know. walking over bridges scares me, so... where was i? oh, um... i take pictures. all the time. mostly of my cat, but still. i love to cook.... but do i want to make either one of these a profession? i don't know. i need some better friends. ones that like to make an effort and text or call me to do something rather than it always being me.

enough of this rant. onto the pictures. nobody likes words!
loving 90's shows. doug is amazing.


i've let kisa outside and she is now begging to come out all the time.... if only our porch was screened in.

ordered chinese! it's been years...

matt's been working a lot of doubles at two jobs. he is amazing and comes to see me at work between jobs cause i miss him when he's gone for 12 hours.

111 point words.

i went to the beach during work. i had 3 hours in between clients, why not? 3 minutes walking distance...

kale chips. wash, dry, rip into pieces, olive oil, salt and pepper, in the oven for 20 minutes on 300. best thing ever.

ripened plantains sauteed in butter and topped with brown sugar.

went to my moms to do laundry. she made popcorn and wine spritzers. i topped the popcorn with kale chips. do it.

proud momma.


date nite drinkin half priced beers at mellow.


world of beer with friends. thanks for taking this photo behind the bar nicole!

driving home late nite with drew and matt... saw this skoda. love czech cars.

healthy yummy home lunch.

No comments: