Tuesday, December 6, 2011

modeling 101

this morning val came over. she was one of my dear elementary school friends. we recently got back in touch through the lovely sierra. she went to highschool with val and they kept in touch a little better than we did. i went over to sierra's on sunday with val for "craft day". i made some kale chips and brought over my butter and some baguette to munch on(i guess that was my "craft" contribution). these girls are both extremely talented. they're artists... truly. i just sat and we talked about the days of our youth while i watched them work on their etsy designs for their shop and for an upcoming craft fair. when they were done, we drank some wine, ate some "burnt" eggplant and talked about cats.

anyways, back to today. val asked me if i'd model jewelry for her etsy site and of course i said yes(!) not only does she make her own jewelry, but she sings, acts, event plans, AND she's a professional freelance photographer. (etcetera etcetera)

we modeled outside of my apartment today and i had so much fun taking direction and acting a fool. i've always wanted to do something like this. i'm so so so shy. i was nervous this morning, but considering i've known val since we were 6, it put my nerves at ease.

after about 3 outfits, some sun and a sprinkle of rain, she had shot about 2,000 photos and we were hungry. we cleaned up my room that had clothes and feathers laid out everywhere(and my cat forever sniffing the air)... then we headed over to cie's to eat. we shared an amazing "grown up turkey grilled cheese" sandwich that had brie, apples, and onions on it. divine. while we ate, we looked through all the photos and had some laughs.... and some "ewww'ss and awww's". haha it was beyond strange to see all these photos taken of me. of course more than half(probably 2/3's) i criticized, but it was still awesome to see the amazing photography skills val has and to see what she could make of  me with a little bronzer and a hippy vibe(oh... and skills)

i can't wait to share the album in the near future :) oh and of course i'll be supporting her pretty feather designs.


these were taken by my iphone, not val's camera. i just wanted to show a little sneak peak. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohhh this made me smile! Such a good day! and I cant tell you how thrilled I am to have you back in my life :) Cant wait for you to see the finished pictures my little model lady! cant wait to do more <3